Achievements are awarded for accumulating credit for various activities in game. Some achievements are fairly easy to accomplish. Other achievements will take considerable time and effort. Achievements reward you with Drachmas, Units, and/or Resources. Once you have completed an achievement the achievement icon will be highlighted in green and you may see a pop up advising you of your accomplishment. You do not have to accept your rewards immediately and can instead save them for a more opportune time. If you wish to save them, simply close any pop up screens and continue playing as normal. To accept your reward you can either click claim reward from the pop up or navigate to the achievements screen and click any achievements that are marked as awarded. Rewards are credited to you immediately after accepting. Any units you receive will be placed directly into your acropolis to prevent them from being lost immediately to battle. There are six categories of achievements with three or four achievements each as detailed below.
These achievements are for building or upgrading items in your city.
- Daedalus - Interface Buildings Constructed. This achievement does not count decorations or fortifications. This achievement is earned fairly quickly. Level 5 Reward is 5 Macedonian Cavalry and 1 Scroll of Wisdom.
- Mentor - Interface Buildings Upgraded. This achievement does not count decorations or fortifications. You will get this in the normal course of the game but it does take a medium amount of time to finish. Level 5 Reward is 5 Macedonian Cavalry and 1 Scroll of Wisdom.
- Theseus - Fortifications Built. This is an easy achievement to complete but requires Drachmas to do. Level 5 earns you 20 Mounted Peltast.
- Pygmalion - Décor Purchased. This is an easy achievement to complete but requires Drachmas to do. Level 5 earns you 20 Myrmidons.
- Chiron - Heroes Summoned. Another easy achievement as all Hero summons on your city by yourself or another count. Level 5 rewards Syph
- Periphetes - Offerings of Bronze Collected. This is a time consuming achievement earned over many days. Each day offerings will spawn outside of all player cities around the south east gate and to the east of the harbor. You will find a substantial number around your city but you will also find 3 per friend for a limited number of friends you visit each day. Simply collect the required number for your rewards. Rewards Drachmas for completion.
- Procrustes - Offerings of Timber Collected. This is a time consuming achievement earned over many days. Each day offerings will spawn outside of all player cities around the south east gate and to the east of the harbor. You will find a substantial number around your city but you will also find 3 per friend for a limited number of friends you visit each day. Simply collect the required number for your rewards. Rewards Drachmas for completion.
- Antheus - Offerings of Grain Collected. This is a time consuming achievement earned over many days. Each day offerings will spawn outside of all player cities around the south east gate and to the east of the harbor. You will find a substantial number around your city but you will also find 3 per friend for a limited number of friends you visit each day. Simply collect the required number for your rewards. Rewards Drachmas for completion.
- Hector - Light Infantry Units Purchased - Counts both market purchases and trained units. Level 5 rewards 25,000 of each resource.
- Achilles - Cavalry Units Purchased - Counts both market purchases and trained units. Includes scouts. Rewards Drachmas.
- Ajax - Heavy Infantry Units Purchased - Counts both market purchases and trained units. Level 5 rewards 20 Agema Horseman.
- Phaethon - Phalanx Units Purchased - Counts both market purchases and trained units. Reward Drachmas.
- Odysseus - Agreements Updated - Time consuming and expensive. However, you will generally earn this in the course of the game. Rewards you with Macedonian Cavalry.
- Jason - Coalitions Formed - One of the easiest achievements to earn. Requires you to upgrade your Embassy and get other players to accept your offer to be come allies even if only temporarily to get the achievement. The Embassy upgrades are quite inexpensive and this can generally be done within the first few days of playing if you have available friends playing the game with you.
- Paris - Trade Offers Accepted By Other Archons - This one takes some extra work on your part but it's not too difficult to do even quickly. You get this by posting trades of either resources or articles via the Port. Whenever one of your trade offers is accepted by another player you get credit. 1000 Trades gives you level 5. The easiest way to do this is to post medium sized load in a 1:2 ration in favor of the other player. These will generally be accepted almost immediately. You can of course make offers at market value but it will take longer to accomplish. Level 5 gets you 25 Drachmas.
- Midas - Resources Collected - Counts all Grain, Bronze, and Timber. Counts all incoming amounts of resources regardless of their source. Level 5 requires 10,000,000 resources. It takes a while but rewards 20 Syph
- Tantalus - Grain Collected - Similar to Midas but for Grain only. Level 5 rewards 20 Syph
- Sisyphus - Bronze Collected - Similar to Midas but for Bronze only. Level 5 rewards 50 Age
- Cyparissus - Timber Collected - Similar to Midas but for Timber only. Level 5 rewards 50 Mounted Peltast
- Orion - Successful Spying Missions - One of the easiest achievements to earn. Care must be taken early on as the reward is scouts and they will quickly consume all your grain unless you have the production in place to support them. This achievement counts all successful missions even if those missions are all performed in quick succession on a nearby level 1 city that has no spy capabilities. Level 5 earns you 150 Scouts and 1 Scroll of Wisdom. Highly recommended for you to accomplish level 1, 2 and maybe three early on instead of buying scouts with your meager resources.
- Perseus - Reinforcements Sent - Another very easy achievement. Simply requires you to send reinforcements to anyone. You can repeatedly reinforce and recall your units to a nearby friend. Level 5 earns you a quick 10 Mounted Peltasts in the first day if you want them.
- Prometheus - Besieged Cities Liberated - This one is fairly easy but time consuming and requires extra effort on your part. You will need to find sieged cities and liberate them. Many players will hold low level "farms" with a single light infantry unit that is easily defeated by a couple light infantry offense. Additionally you will see individuals making a run for the siege rankings late in the week providing you with a substantial number of targets. The achievement does require a substantial number of liberated cities. To speed up the process you can trade liberations with a nearby friend alternating between sieging and liberating the same low level cities.
- Heracles - Placing in the Top 10 of the "Champions" Rankings - Easily the hardest of the achievements, but can be done without spending drachmas if you know what you are doing. This achievement requires you to place in the Top 10 of the weekly rankings for Offense, Defense, Siege, Tribute, Raid, or Persian Positions. This achievement earns you a decent amount of Drachmas, Significant Amounts of Resources, and Scrolls of Wisdom. Additionally each time you make the top 10 you will earn Drachmas for doing so. First, Second, and Third place earn 5k, 4k, and 3k respectively.
- Both offense and defense are generally about big battles with lots of troops and tend to fall more towards players that can afford to heal their losses via the market.
- Persian Positions is a complicated endeavor and while it can be accomplished without purchasing Drachmas, it is not easy to do it and far to complicated to discuss here (See the Persian Positions Pages under Strategies for ideas).
- The first reasonable rank for a player not spending drachmas is the Tribute ranking. This one requires you to siege high production (read high level) cities, make them Protectorates and regularly collect resources from them so that you receive more resources than other players in this manner. You will have to ensure that the force you use to hold the city is not removed from the city as you collect from it. This may mean keeping a large defense force there to discourage attackers or it may mean bluffing with a few scouts and hoping nobody calls you on it.
- The next "easiest" ranking to achieve is for raids. This one requires you to collect vast quantities of resources from your raids while at the same time preventing individuals from taking resources from you. To prevent others from taking your resources, max out your acropolis and keep your resources spent under 18,000 of each. Taking the necessary resources to place in the rankings will require a lot of record keeping and daily activity. You will generally not be able to make the top 10 if you do not use almost all possible raids in a week. The longer the game has been out, the harder this ranking becomes as players find lucrative farms to visit each week. Basically, you will learn how to scout targets to find potential high paying cities. You will need to have and send enough troops to take those resources and you will need to do this each and every raid with few misses. You will also likely need to know how to take more than 50,000 resources in a single raid. For that you will need to ask around or piece it together from the clues found on this wiki's strategy pages. In the end you are going to want most of your raids to bring home 50,000+ resources throughout the week. This is a time-consuming but highly rewarding process. Additionally you will be bringing in more resources than you will know what to do with.
- The final possibility and the easiest by far ranking to achieve is for sieges. This one just requires you to hold more NEW sieges than the other players. The easiest way to do this is to train hundreds of light infantry and send them out to siege random low level targets in groups of 1-3. Many will fail, but many will succeed and if you do enough you should easily make the top 10. The trick is of course repeating the process for subsequent weeks and for that you will have to track where you have sent troops before because as noted above the sieges must be NEW. By new we mean that you can't have held that siege during a previous week's reset (i.e. it was counted for a past weeks raid score). Also note that if another player liberates or otherwise breaks your siege before the week's reset, you lose the points for it unless you retake it. If you really want to guarantee your spot on the top 10. you need to identify what amount of cities were taken in the last weeks top 10. Just divide the last weeks score by 100 to see how many cities were taken. For example as of this writing the number one player took 2538 cities and the number ten player took 556. You will then want to at least take 556 cities for the next week, preferably closer to double that. You may also scout targets ahead of time (time consuming) and time all your sieges to hit within the hour (again time consuming and sometimes difficult to pull off). Generally though the hardest part about this ranking is recalling all the troops after you make the top 10 (if you care to).